Reflections of Yesteryears


Reflections of Yeseteryears


Reflections of yesteryears with the sweet aromas
of gram-ma’s perfume lingering in my mind.

Kind words and a smile that reminded me of her love
as fries potatoes and sausages cooking on the stove.

Looking back with my childhood eyes, the
thoughts running wild of a better place in time.

Believing life was wonderful with no grief or pain
numb to the suffering of my lost childhood dreams.

Sexually abused by an uncle with desires of his own;
with my mind racing with nightmares of yesteryears grows.

Looking back has a place in your today, and
looking ahead has a place in tomorrow.

But, living today is what God has given us,
so by His grace that is where I will stay for the day.
Poem submitted by Patti S.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Priceless – The Movie; Spoiler Alert

Update on PFC LaVena Johnson, Questions Still Unanswered

When Secondary Trauma Hits